YOGA: A flowing type of yoga class covering foundational postures such as standing, forward folding, bridge and Warriors. This class is for everyone including people returning to the practice after a while, and will therefore be focused on details such as grounding the hands and feet and correct and safe alignment. Starting with a chosen breathing technique, the class will involve a warm-up before gentle sun salutations and postures with variations given. Always svasana to end the class.
VINYASA YOGA: Vinyasa Yoga is a sequence of asanas (yoga postures) linked with the breath. This is a fun and challenging flowing Yoga class consisting of Pranayama, warm-up, sun salutations, a combination of standing, back bending, twisting and forward bending postures. Towards the end of the class students work on inversions (headstand for example) and a lead-mediation. This class is for students with Yoga experience and/or a willingness to flow, learn and transform.
Yin yoga is a practice with much longer holds than other styles. We use lots of props and work with gravity to sink deeper into the poses. The practice accesses the fascia – and with time and support helps to rearrange the fascia to improve alignment and reduce stress.
Yin Yoga is just the thing for the super busy:
- Those who sit in chairs for hours per week
- Those who drive a car
- Those who have a long commute to work
- Those who have a stressful job
- Those who have children or babies and need some well-deserved space
- Those who run, cycle or partake in other sporting pursuits which mean they are strong + fit but their muscles are tight
- Those who cannot commit to a weekly class, but want Yoga in their life
- Those who want a contrast to a Vinyasa style class, and
- Those with an injury or recovering from one.Soo….just about all of us at some stage in our life can benefit from Yin Yoga!